[Tkinter-discuss] Method calling upwards; Listbox arrow events ?

gegard ggardiner at iee.org
Tue Jul 8 11:14:40 CEST 2008

gegard wrote:
> ... or a way of catching the event at a higher level ...
I'm taking this approach, because I've sorted out how it works (and have not
yet worked out [if I can|how to] make the parent object methods visible). So
the binding and the click() are now at the top level.

Regards, Geoff

list.bind('<ButtonRelease-1>', click)

def click(args=None) :
     print 'Clicked Selection', str(list.curselection())