[Tkinter-discuss] Method calling upwards; Listbox arrow events ?

Cameron Laird Cameron at phaseit.net
Tue Jul 8 02:39:01 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 12:13:49PM -0700, gegard wrote:
			.
			.
			.
> But I see that I get the index number of the selection _before_ I've moved
> to a new selected item if I'm using the arrow keys. Another problem to
> resolve. I guess there's code to learn from somewhere!
			.
			.
			.
Yes.  This is a well-known issue, that's been present for
at least a decade, and apparently no one has ever put the
answer in a readily accessible place.

And I am unlikely to do so in the next day.

Briefly, you need to use bindtags to insert your custom
bindings AFTER the standard bindings.  For reasons that
must seem obscure for the moment, your command is sequenced
before the listbox does its own work of updating the
selection; bindtag gives you the control to reverse that
order.