[Tkinter-discuss] Taking a Text() widget and saving it to a .txt file

Alexnb alexnbryan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 18:53:02 CEST 2008

Cameron Laird-2 wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 12:42:51PM +1000, John McMonagle wrote:
> 			.
> 			.
> 			.
>> As for keeping it in the same format as the textbox, that does not make
>> any sense.  Plain text files don't really have formatting, apart from
>> spaces, tabs or carriage returns.  These will be preserved by the get
>> method.  However other formatting such as font type, font height,
>> colour, etc will not.
> 			.
> 			.
> 			.
> I wonder if Alexnb has in mind display-level word-wrap
> as part of the formatting he has in mind to preserve.
> Alex?

Sorry guys that it has taken me a while. Okay, well what I meant by
formatting is that I have a word and a series of definitions. The word is
indented, and the definitions are further indented. However, not really
indented, it is just spaces. But you guys said that will stay. But I have
gotten another question after running the program. Some of the definitions
wrap. They don't actually wrap, I need to set that, they like just go to the
very end of the line and then go to the next line. If that makes sense. But
My next question is can you set a margin in a textbox?