[Tkinter-discuss] Adding/removing widgets from a running application?

Peter Milliken peter.milliken at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 22:24:44 CET 2008

In applications that modify the interface on the fly, I keep track of all
widgets (arrays etc) and create functions that recalculate and rebuild the
layout completely - this way you can add and/or delete components on the fly
and just call a def that reconstitutes the entire display. I use the grid
layout manager exclusively,  so traversing arrays of widgets and calculating
row/column components just "fits" together.

I use Pmw - once you get the hang of how it is structured and start creating
your own (mega)widgets the paradigm of re-building the widget on the fly
comes naturally.

Peter