[Tkinter-discuss] Color blindness

Russell E. Owen rowen at cesmail.net
Mon Feb 11 20:22:44 CET 2008

In article <72246CFD-A756-4265-A633-BA7D6C741B3B at passcal.nmt.edu>,
 Bob Greschke <bob at passcal.nmt.edu> wrote:

> I use colors quite a bit in my programs:
...> I got to thinking about what should be done to make things better
for
> color blind people....
>
> Anybody know of a good source of info, or does this not even make
> sense to worry about?

I write an application that uses a 4 or 5 different colors to indicate
various important conditions. There are so many varieties of color
blindness that I decided to make the colors user-settable. That way each
user can set up a palette that he or she can easily differentiate (even
if it's only different shades of gray).

I use a few other colors as "eye candy" and chose to not make those
user-settable. No complaints so far (except mild griping from a few
folks who like to tweak everything).

-- Russell