[Tkinter-discuss] How to get PyopenGL work with Tkinter(as part of python 2.5)?

chenguang Zhang alix.zhang at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 15:06:50 CEST 2008

I think this must be an old question, but I still raise it for I can't bear
any more failures.
 I'm really frustrated when the error message as the following pops up again
and again...

"Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "poly.py", line 14, in <module>
    from OpenGL.Tk import *
  File "D:\Python25\lib\site-packages\pyopengl-3.0.0b1.0001-

py2.5.egg\OpenGL\Tk\__init__.py", line 87, in <module>
    _default_root.tk.call('package', 'require', 'Togl')
_tkinter.TclError: can't find package Togl"

I guess togl is not a must for the cooperation of PyopenGL and Tkinter, but
just a guess.
Could anyone help me out? My question can be summarized into a twofold one:

a.Can pyopengl work with tkinter(as part of Python 2.5) without involving
togl? How?
(an sample code or useful link would be greatly appreciated)
if the answer to question a is "NOT", then...
b.How can I fix the error:"_tkinter.TclError: can't find package Togl"?

Any help would be appreciated!