[Tkinter-discuss] Tkinter-discuss Digest, Vol 35, Issue 20

Michael Lange klappnase at freenet.de
Fri Jan 26 09:30:12 CET 2007

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 23:44:02 +0530
"Vinu Vikram" <vvinuv at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Michael!
> But I have already tried
> ./configure
> make
> make install
> without editing the Setup file. But then I could not import Tkinter module
> from python.
> regards
> Vinu V.

Hi Vinu,

are you sure that the tcl and tk development packages are installed
and that python can find them when running ./configure ?
And which python sources are you using? Sometimes it is better to
not use the distribution's source packages but those from python.org .
I ask because I think it really should not be necessary to edit any files
when compiling python.