[Tkinter-discuss] resize notification

Bob Greschke bob at passcal.nmt.edu
Thu Aug 30 17:15:51 CEST 2007

I've found that the generation of the <Configure> can also change
from OS to OS, and from system to system with the same OS.  Tkinter
on Windows seems to only generate the <Configure> when you are
finished resizing (which may or may not be what you want), and some
Linux/Solaris/OSX systems generate it (a lot) while you are moving
the mouse (which may or may not be what you want).  I don't know how
to change it, but I think generating the <Configure> while the mouse
is moving may be a configuration option of X11, so you may have to
allow for either case.

Bob