[Tkinter-discuss] Hide command prompt

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Fri Oct 20 10:38:06 CEST 2006

Olivier Feys wrote:

> I'm launching a Tkinter applilcation with a ms-dos bat file under windows.
> Is it possible to hide this window or to integrate it in the application ?

I just posted this to comp.lang.python, in response to someone called "Fidel":

   assuming Windows, and assuming that you have a standard Python install for
   Windows: use "pyw" instead of "py" as the script's extension.

   (Windows applications come in two flavours: console applications and window
   applications.  the default executable for "py" files is "python.exe", which is a con-
   sole application.  "pyw" uses "pythonw.exe" instead, which is exactly the same
   program, but linked as a window application instead).

</F>