[Tkinter-discuss] calling toplevel creating function

Michael Lange klappnase at web.de
Mon May 29 23:30:08 CEST 2006

On Mon, 29 May 2006 14:54:28 +0300
"Ilknur Ozturk" <Ilknur.Ozturk at cabot.com.tr> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I have a problem with toplevel window. It is created within a function
> and I am calling that function by button press. I have created 4 buttons
> that call same toplevel creating function. For the first call, there is
> no problem. The toplevel window is created and get the arguments. But
> the other call for that function results with an error message like;
>

> "Toplevel instance has no __call__ method"

Hi Ilknur,

can you show us the code and a complete traceback, otherwise we can only guess.
The error message you described can be reproduced by the folllowing code snippet:

>>> t=Toplevel()
>>> t()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
AttributeError: Toplevel instance has no __call__ method

so maybe the problem is the name you give to your Toplevel instance.