[Tkinter-discuss] System Font Size

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Tue Jul 11 14:07:20 CEST 2006

Hello all,

I'm creating a windows application, with a Tkinter GUI.

I currently happily set the font sizes using tuples ``font=("name",
"size", "weight")``. (or something like that.)

I use a couple of different sizes for titles, subtitles, body text and
buttons.

I would like to detect the system font size, so that I can respond to
this. (In case the user has specified larger fonts). Does anyone know
how I can do this ?

Oh, and while I'm on the subject, does anyone know of a pure Python
combobox other than the Pmw one ? The Pmw one is fine, it just means
distributing the Pmw extension with my application, and if I could
replace this with a single file I would.

All the best,

Fuzzyman