[Tkinter-discuss] My (small) program crashes on windows and linux. Why?

Chris Niekel chris at niekel.net
Tue Feb 14 15:07:07 CET 2006

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 01:58:19PM +0100, Amanjit Gill wrote:
> Chris Niekel wrote:
>
> >           for d in self.distances:
> >               e = Tkinter.Entry(frame,width='8')
> >               e.grid(row=rowcount, column=d)
> >

> I think the values for the column param are too high. Tkinter cannot
> handle them. You do this twice in your code. they are supposed to work
> as "weights". if you just use an numeric according to the index of the
> current entry in self.distances it works...

Indeed, changing it to column=d/100 works as well. column and row should
be < 9999, otherwise it crashes. Not a real problem ofcourse.

I knew the numbers are weights, that's why I didn't bother to scale them
and just used the numbers I already have available.

Regards,
    Chris
--
    I've been down so long, if I'd cheer up, I'd still be depressed.
            - Lisa Simpson, Moanin' Lisa Blues.