[Tkinter-discuss] tkFileDialog: shuts down root window

mopman dnichols32 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 27 23:53:44 CET 2006

Yes, this happens on wish.exe as well.
to repeat:
1) start Dos console and cd to C:\Tcl\demos\Tk8.4
2) at prompt enter: wish widget.tcl  - widget demonstration window opens
3) scroll to Common Dialogs and select 2. File selection dialog
4) click browse button in dialog
5) click Desktop button on left hand side of dialog
6) double click any .txt file - file path entered in entry field
7) click browse button again
8) click Desktop button again
9) just move cursor over a .txt file

The dialog is destroyed.  Note: this happens in XP, I wasn't able to
reproduce on Win 2000.
I will go ahead and log a bug.