[Tkinter-discuss] changing button functionality

Ilknur Ozturk Ilknur.Ozturk at cabot.com.tr
Fri Apr 28 12:01:27 CEST 2006

I put a button (button1) and want that the user can change the function
called when it is clicked. I planned such a way to realize this. The
first click of it will open a new window and the user will enter a key
in an entry. When he confirms it by pressing OK button, the button1 will
be directed to a new function which gets the entry content as a
parameter. Then the button1 will always call that function.

If I can use if statement to determine the which function will be called
when the button presses, it will be very helpful. Then I can call any
function by checking the button's attributes with if statement. If it is
not possible, how can I realize such an aim. If we can use if statement
for button's command option, can you give me an example?

Thanks,

ilknur

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com