[Tkinter-discuss] pop up menu down

Martin Franklin mfranklin1 at gatwick.westerngeco.slb.com
Tue Sep 20 09:58:03 CEST 2005

Stewart Midwinter wrote:
> this might not be what you want, but you could include a menu-item
> "Close Menu" in your pop-up menu, which would destroy (close) the pop-
> up menu...

> On Sep 19, 2005, at 22:41, Monu Agrawal wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>I have a pop up menu used to pop at right click, but the problem is
>>it doesn't go away until I click on one of it's button. I want it
>>to be disappeared or destroyed when I click anywhere else. Can
>>anyone tell me what I am missing?

Strange on my box (fedora core 4) is doesn't stay poped up so if I
release mouse button 3 it disappears.  Perhaps it is a platorm issue?
my popup code is below:-

class PopupMenu:
     def __init__(self, parent):
         self.parent = parent
         self.menu=Menu(None,tearoff=0)

     def __call__(self, event):
         self.menu.tk_popup(event.x_root ,event.y_root)

     def add_separator(self):
         self.menu.add_separator()

     def add(self, text, command):
         self.menu.add_command(label=text, command=command)
     add_command = add

and when I use it :-

         fileMenu = PopupMenu(self)
         fileMenu.add_command("Create New File", command=self.createFile)
         self.fileList.body_bind("<3>", fileMenu)

HTH
Martin