[Tkinter-discuss] Difficulty getting started with a BWidget Tree

gilcneth@earthlink.net gilcneth at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 15 05:46:57 CEST 2005

Hello All:

I am trying to create a Tree, using PyBWidgets, but am unsure about how to actually create the initial parent and/or child nodes.  The documentation leads me to believe that I should use the' insert' command, but how?  The documentation indicates the following:

pathName insert index parent node ?option value...?

So, given my example below, if I want to add a node to my Tree, wouldn't I use the command TopTree.insert?  And, if so, I assume I start at index '0'?  OK, but now who's the parent?  I know this has to be simple, but I am just not figuring this one out.  Please share your thoughts.

Thank you!

-- Chris Nethery

from Tkinter import *
from bwidget import *