[Tkinter-discuss] debian tkinter broken or tk problem (or what)?

Michael Lange klappnase at web.de
Mon Sep 12 19:03:05 CEST 2005

Hello,

I noticed that for some reason some Tkinter apps I wrote and successfully
used for a while seem to be broken when run on my newly installed debian
system (python-2.3.5 / tk-8.4.9).
The problem I noticed arises when I run a subprocess with popen2.Popen4()
and catch the output with tk.createfilehandler() ; sometimes this works without
problems, but sometimes after a while the gui freezes and in the process list
I can see the subprocess as "zombie".
Normally I would suspect my code to be buggy, but like I said, the same scripts
run fine on mandrake (python-2.3.3 / tk-8.4.5).

I just wondered if anyone has a clue, may the reason be the debian build or the
tk version ?

Best regards