[Tkinter-discuss] separation gui from logic

Cameron Laird Cameron at Phaseit.net
Thu Nov 17 02:29:30 CET 2005

On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 06:35:37AM +0100, Pavel Kosina wrote:
			.
			.
			.
> In Tkinter I try put to gui design into one file, and in another file
> do: import gui design file and the script logic itself.
> I am not much successful, especially at callback functions, that are
> included in gui design files, f.e. Button(text='Tisk', command=hello),
> and refer to functions that exist in the main script.
>
> Is it somehow possible to do this? Not just this example of Button (how
> to solve reffering to function that not exists yet, and exists in
> "upper" program only), but this whole idea of separation....
			.
			.
			.
Yes.

I had hopes that Fredrik or John or Jeff or someone would speak up.
I suspect there's already a good explanation of this subject written
somewhere.  If none turns up in the next few days, I'll write a bit
on it.

I'm sorry you've had to wait so long for help.