[Tkinter-discuss] Another, unrelated problem -- combining Tix Tree and Pmw PanedWidget

Jared Cohen Jared.Cohen at noaa.gov
Fri Jan 7 21:46:59 CET 2005

I've been building an application using straight Tkinter and Pmw
megawidgets. Recently, I needed a collapsible tree widget, which Pmw
didn't have; so I turned to Tix. Now, here's the problem. My application
uses a Pmw.PanedWidget to separate the window into panes; the tree needs
to be packed into one of the panes. Everything works fine until I try to
activate the "expand/collapse" ability, by using tree.setmode() or
tree.autosetmode(); when I try to do that, I get the following error:

X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Major opcode of failed request: 12 (X_ConfigureWindow)
Serial number of failed request: 457

If I DON'T use the setmode() functions, the program works fine, but the
tree can't be collapsed/expanded (which is why I wanted it in the first
place).

Also, the error doesn't occur if I pack the tree into a regular
Tkinter.Frame; it only happens when I try to pack it into the Pmw panes.
However, each Pmw pane **IS** a Tkinter.Frame, so I can't figure out
what's wrong!!!

Can anyone help me please?