[Tkinter-discuss] Re: Yet Another Table widget...

Martin Franklin mfranklin1 at gatwick.westerngeco.slb.com
Thu Feb 10 11:41:42 CET 2005

Stewart Midwinter wrote:
> Martin:
>
> How's it going with the Python wrapper for that interesting tablelist
> widget you found?  Are you making any headway?
>
> cheers

Stewart,

I updated the Wiki with a link to my code..

http://tkinter.unpythonic.net/wiki/Widgets

http://mfranklin.is-a-geek.org/docs/TableList/index.html

The wrapper is complete (all methods are wrapped) but relatively untested..

I have started using it in a new project at work but I am only using it
as a multi column list box - no cell editing...

my TO DO list for TableList would look something like ;-)

1) edit all doc-strings (to make them more pythonic)
2) TEST

I have added a few extra convenience methods (getcurselection, clear,
setlist) that make it feel a bit like a Pmw widget - I also added a
ScrolledTableList widget ala ScrolledText in the standard library

It's far from complete but seems very usable.

Cheers
Martin