[Tkinter-discuss] RE: Re: making tkFileDialog and tkMessageBox modal on Win32

jepler at unpythonic.net jepler at unpythonic.net
Thu Apr 7 03:50:44 CEST 2005

I just took a look at what we do in the linux/windows/tcl/tk app I work with.

It looks like when we create dialogs with tk_getOpenFile and friends, they are
created with the proper parent *and that parent has the Tk application-level
grab*.

The result on Windows seems to be that Tk prohibits interaction with the other
toplevel windows of the application, and Windows prohibits interaction with the
parent window of the file dialog.

Maybe this general arrangement will work for you.

Jeff