[Tkinter-discuss] Administrative items

Batista, Facundo FBatista at uniFON.com.ar
Wed Mar 17 16:30:40 EST 2004

claird at phaseit.net wrote:

#- > From tkinter-discuss-bounces at python.org Wed Mar 17 16:18:06 2004
#- > 		.
#- > 		.
#- > 		.
#- > Me, who's in a pre-newbie state, but firmly decided to use
#- Tkinter as
#- > python's GUI, miss very much a comprehensive manual.
#- > 		.
#- > 		.
#- > 		.
#- Facundo, how does <URL:
#- http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/ >
#- fail to meet your need?

Use it a lot. 99.99% of times.

But:

	- Need to fill ALL the widget patterns. Because you look at the
syntax and options, but in doubt (and always faster) you look to the widget
more common usage.
	- Need to fill with a lot of catchy details (those that are common
sense to an experimented user but a newbie spends two hours looking around),
i.e. how to finish a Tkinter app when using IDLE.
	- Needs to be packed in a better PDF or an HTML that you can
print-it-all.
	- Needs to be updated (1999!)

With all said, it's a *very* good book. I appreciate all the sections in
each widget, and the organization of the first chapter.

Because of that I thought it was a pitty when Fredrik said it was dead.

I'll be very happy with a full and updated version of _this_ book (not so
happy as to buy it with my devaluated argentinian pesos, but enough happy as
to spend personal time in the effort).

.	Facundo