[Tkinter-discuss] Graying out and disabling widgets that are not selected

Peter Milliken PeterM at resmed.com.au
Wed Apr 14 19:57:52 EDT 2004

I have done something similar in an application (broadly speaking of course
:-)).

I used Pmw for my application but the same should be true of using tkinter
elements (I find that Pmw provides a very nice model when it comes to
controlling and using groupings of GUI elements - 'configuration' of them
(assuming you create classes that inherit from Pmw.MegaWidget) becomes very
flexible and powerful as it fits right in which the OO model).

Create a class which "manages" the display elements. Have the action events
of each GUI element point to a different method of the class and make the
appropriate actions in that method to control which elements are "grayed
out" and which aren't.

Peter