[Texas] Shameless Pycon 2011 tutorial plug

Paul Kippes kippesp at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 08:21:51 CET 2011

As it sometimes can happen with tutorials at Pycon, low registration
numbers can result in classes being dropped.  I haven't heard how this
years numbers are going.

I've had my proposal accepted to present two tutorials on PyQt
development.  My approach will be similar to David Goodger's wxPython
tutorials, but a little faster paced.

If the DFW Python group has any interest in the topic, I wouldn't mind
working with Jeff on condensing a portion of it for one of the
Saturday gatherings.  This would be especially be of interest to me to
discuss with our group why Qt sometimes gets the thumbs down over
other GUI toolkits.