[summerofcode] stdlib port to python

Lorentz Morrow lorentz at canterburytravel.com
Sat Jun 4 22:29:39 CEST 2005

I'm interested in doing the port of stdlib to python.  If I'm understanding
correctly you need a port of the following functions:
	atof, atoi, atol, ecvt, fcvt, itoa, ltoa, strtod, strtol, strtoul, ultoa,
	bsearch, lfind, lsearch, qsort, swab,
	abs, div, labs, ldiv
	calloc, free, malloc, realloc,
	abort, atexit, exit, getenv, putenv, system,

I don't see any problem with the first three lines of functions but I'm a
little unsure about the last two.  Maybe I'm confused but wouldn't I need to
have python make calls to the kernel to request memory allocation or process
control? and won't that be OS specific?  Would it be sufficent to just write
the port for one or two OSes?

If the person who posted this could suggestion could contact me with a little
more specific information I would appreciate it.  Also, if I'm interpreting
this SoC suggestion incorrectly would someone let me know.

-Lorentz