[stdlib-sig] ConfigParser - parsing options with no value

Michael Foord michael at voidspace.org.uk
Fri Sep 18 02:09:12 CEST 2009

Sorry to top-post, sent from phone-like-device.

Actually Guido has shot down the inclusion of ConfigObj on the past,
so it doesn't seem worth a PEP.

He doesn't like that sections inherit from dict (although they are
functionally key-value mappings) as it gives them an over-wide API.
This is fair enough.

He also fundamentally disliked the idea of nested sections, doesn't
see the need and suggested people should be using XML for this kind of
use case! It is an often requested feature, so this I thought was odd.
Anyway, so be it.

Michael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com