[stdlib-sig] Backwards compat (was: Evolving the Standard Library)

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 18:11:22 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 5:54 PM, C. Titus Brown <ctb at msu.edu> wrote:
>> Quite a work, but I am in for some brainstroming at Pycon on this topic
>> if you are interested :)
>
> yep, absolutely!  I think I've got the execution and reporting end
> handled; now we just need to get some virtual environments running so we
> can do untrusted packages.

Ah nice ! for the virtual environment, I am not sure about the proper
way to handle
network access if some packages work with sockets. They suppose
to fake I/O in tests and not acces the network in the code we might call,
but that's never sure,

> Hmm, might be worth an AWS account just to do the basic stuff.

absolutely,

maybe we could continue this topic off-list at snakebite's ?

Regards
Tarek