[stdlib-sig] logging

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 12 00:04:14 CEST 2009

Ben Finney <ben+python at ...> writes:

> I think you mean “python_pep8_style_underscored_names”
>
> How would these names be provided? As simple ‘fooName = foo_name’? Or
> would the PEP-8 one be preferred, deprecating the non-conformant name?

I don't see any need for deprecation, as it's a personal preference rather than
anything else. And yes, just a 'foo_name = fooName' is what I was thinking of.

Now, this has come up in the past and Guido has said he doesn't think it's
really worth doing. Personally, it only makes sense to me if this is going to be
done for the whole of the stdlib which isn't PEP-8 conformant. And you have to
question whether the time to be spent on this couldn't be spent on some *real*
improvements ;-)

Regards,

Vinay Sajip