[stdlib-sig] futures - a new package for asynchronous execution

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 17:45:36 CET 2009

2009/11/7 Jesse Noller <jnoller at gmail.com>:
> Also, multiprocessing has never been "just" the threading
> API on top of processes. Part of the PEP for it's inclusion was that
> it had other items in it of value.

I guess it's my fault then for not paying enough attention to the
multithreading PEP. I did think it was "just" a multiprocess version
of threading, and if I'd have realised, I'd have lobbied for parity of
implementation at the time. Ah well, none of that is a criticism of
multiprocessing itself, and it's certainly not too late to add this,
as you said.

Paul.