[stdlib-sig] Getting simplejson 1.9 into the stdlib

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Sun May 4 00:16:58 CEST 2008

http://bugs.python.org/issue2750 holds the issue to get simplejson 1.9
into the stdlib as the new 'json' module. I am going to give this SIG
a week to go through the code and such before I announce on
python-dev. The todo list is:

* Get it building in the core.
* Make sure the tests are good and run without issue.
* Convert the docs (the docstrings are already in reST, so it should
mostly be a copy-and-paste job with some added markup).
* Verify the code is PEP 7/PEP 8 compatible.
* Convert to 3.0.

The build and test steps are the most critical as the rest can occur
in parallel once the code is in svn.

People who want to claim a step just update the issue.

-Brett