[stdlib-sig] Any more packaging suggestions? March 15th deadline for ideas!

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Fri Feb 29 02:33:45 CET 2008

On the web-sig I am working on how to handle urllib/urllib2/urlparse
and Cookie/cookielib. That ends my list of packages I wanted to
create. I thought about cgi/cgitb and
thread/threading/dummy_thread/dummy_threading but I don't see how to
pull them off in a reasonable manner where the name actually improves
across the board, so I am not proposing anything.

But if anybody else has ideas on packages to create, feel free to
throw them out. I am going to put a cap on new package ideas of March
15th. That is during PyCon but before the sprints so that if someone
ends up wanting to sprint on dealing with new packages they can. It
also keeps things from dragging on. This deadline does not affect
module removals or renamings.

Please don't wait until the last minute to suggest something! The more
time one has the less chance it will be shot down just because no one
wants the conversation to drag on. And if you do suggest something,
please start a new email thread.

-Brett