[stdlib-sig] Any feedback on proposed http and xmlrpc packages?

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Mon Feb 4 20:28:27 CET 2008

> Well, it's an RPC protocol, not something specific to HTTP. It might
> use HTTP as its transport agent, but that's its only connection.

Huh?  That's its main distinction -- it uses (badly) a buggy slow
inefficient but perceived-to-be-easy-to-implement RPC subsystem, HTTP.
I guess I'm just looking at it from the perspective of an RPC guy.

> Sure, but what is right? The reason it has taken this long and led to
> the creation of a separate mailing list is because everyone's "right"
> is different. We are going to end up with a better solution, but there
> is not right solution.

Actually, two different separate mailing lists.

> We are going to end up with a better solution, but there
> is not right solution.

It has to be enough better to be worth doing.  I'm not sure we're
there yet, and just trying to help us get there.

Bill