[stdlib-sig] Choosing a name for simplejson

Leonardo Santagada santagada at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 13:19:52 CEST 2008

On 11/04/2008, at 07:42, Paul Moore wrote:
> On 11/04/2008, M.-A. Lemburg <mal at egenix.com> wrote:
>> If I've missed any arguments against the py-package idea,
>> please let me know.
>
> Nobody has the energy or enthusiasm to push it - write a PEP, create a
> 2to3 fixer, propose specific renames (ftplib -> py.ftp for example),
> gather opinions, summarise arguments, convince Guido, etc etc.

If you do that I think most people would be +1 or at least +0 on it.
If you think about it it is just a "py." more.

But please take a look at http://codespeak.net/py/dist/misc.html#the-py-std-hook
  if you are going to change that maybe this should go in also. Then
you dont need import py.sys to just get py.sys.args in a simple script
for example. And even in really big python project you get a lot of
imports to just get one function that is going to be used once in the
file.

--
Leonardo Santagada