[Speed] ASLR

Wang, Peter Xihong peter.xihong.wang at intel.com
Thu Mar 16 19:00:19 EDT 2017

[Wang, Peter Xihong]
I am wondering what others are using micro-benchmarks for, or if there is a usage statistics somewhere about these benchmarks.  For me, it's optimization delta driven.  e.g., if I expect my optimization to boost performance by 5%, but the variation reaches up to or greater than 5%, then I am getting lost, and the perf data cannot be trusted.

In addition to turbo boost, I also turned off hyperthreading, and c-state, p-state, on Intel CPUs.

Regards,

Peter