[Speed] perf 0.6 released

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 16:16:43 EDT 2016

> I'm not sure this is meant to implement my suggestion from the other
> thread,

Yes, I implemented this after the discussion we had in the other thread.

> but if so, there is a misunderstanding: I did not suggest to
> remove the samples outside of the range [median - 5%; median + 5%].  I
> suggested to remove the 5% smallest and the 5% largest samples.

I tried something to remove outliers. I didn't try to implement what
you suggested.

5% smallest/5% largest: do you mean something like sorting all
samples, remove items from the two tails?

Something like sorted(samples)[3:-3] ?

Victor