[Spambayes] Spambayes Bug

dmccunney dennis.mccunney at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 20:03:29 CET 2014

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 1:08 PM, Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 11:56 AM, dmccunney <dennis.mccunney at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Are you using a 64 bit version of Outlook?  If so, that's your
>> problem.  SpamBayes is a 32 bit plugin, and can't work in 64 bit
>> Outlook.  (I do not expect to see a 64 bit SpamBayes build.)
>
> I asked again yesterday on python-list at python.org (comp.lang.python
> Usenet newsgroup) if someone there would be willing to tackle this. No
> response so far. Any suggestions for other places I could try to find
> a person willing to tackle this problem?

Alas, no.  The folks I can think of who *could* do it don't run
Windows or use Outlook, and would have no interest in doing it.

Since the problem reports I've seen here lately all seem to be related
to SpamBayes not working with 64 bit Outlook, I *would* suggest an
addition to the FAQ about the incompatibility between 64 bit Outlook
and 32 bit SpamBayes, with a pointer to instructions for installing
SpamBayes as a  proxy server instead.  I believe that *does* work with
64 bit Outlook.  An appropriate note on the SpamBayes homepage would
also be a good idea.

> Skip
______
Dennis