[Spambayes] ham,Re: Bug solution for Spambayes.

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Tue Mar 8 22:34:38 CET 2011

On 02/25/2011 2:18 PM, skip at pobox.com wrote:
>      Johann>  I have some problems with my sourceforge account, therefore I
>      Johann>  contact you this way.
>
> Johann,
>
> I am on holiday, just sneaking a peek at my email.  Based on your traceback,
> I went ahead and finished off a change suggested recently which should solve
> the problem.  I incorporated the Python 2.5 versions of the asynchat and
> asyncore modules into SpamBayes as the API of those modules changed in
> incompatible ways in Python 2.6.
>
> I made a new source release of SpamBayes, 1.1b1.  Please give that a try.
> If you continue to have problems, please send an email to
> spambayes-dev at python.org.  I won't be checking mail much in the next several
> days.

I tried the new version today, building a .deb with python-stdeb on
Debian Wheezy.
Although the build happens and the correct dependencies are applied,
this is what I got when I tried to run it.

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/sb_server.py", line 96, in<module>
     from spambayes import Dibbler
   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/spambayes/Dibbler.py", line 186, in<module>
     from spambayes import asyncore, asynchat
ImportError: cannot import name asyncore

Dale