[Spambayes] unable to download

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Jan 31 13:06:14 CET 2011

    Sue> I have been using Spambayes for a few years and think it is
    Sue> brilliant. Sadly I had to blow up my PC and reinstall everything
    Sue> last week, but cannot seem to download Spambayes (using with
    Sue> Outlook 97) - it just tells me that it cannot connect to the
    Sue> download link. Not sure what the problem is? I am currently in
    Sue> India so wondering perhaps whether this is the problem as I had
    Sue> installed it when living in the UK before??

Sue,

I just downloaded the Outlook plugin with no problem.  I know that
SourceForget, who hosts SpamBayes, has had major problems in the past couple
weeks (they had a breakin I believe).

On the download page there is a link to select a different mirror site than
the default:

    https://sourceforge.net/settings/mirror_choices?projectname=spambayes&filename=spambayes/1.1a6/spambayes-1.1a6.exe

You might try that and select a topologically closer mirror.  I see there
are Australian and Korean mirrors.  Perhaps one of those will work better.

If all else fails I can put a copy on my personal website.

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.smontanaro.net/