[Spambayes] Win 7, Outlook 2007 issues

Ocean Ocean at cobaltnight.com
Thu Apr 1 20:43:33 CEST 2010

	Okay, I had a chance to do my tests.  Here's what happened:

--------------------
1.1a6 Binary:

Install went fine.
First Outlook Startup went fine.
Configured SpamBayes, and trained it.

Upon enabling, I got the same error message I got with 1.1a4 - that the
folders could not be watched.  SpamBayes disabled itself - not the add-in,
but within the Manager.

After a couple attempts, I could get Spambayes to enable manually, the way I
did with 1.1a4, but Outlook would always start with the same error message,
and SpamBayes would start off enabled as an add-on, but disabled within the
Manager.  I would have to enable it manually every time.

Oh, and the binary didn't create a log file either.  I couldn't find it
through Diagnostics/View Log File, nor could I locate it manually.

--------------------
1.1a6 Source:

Install went fine.  The error messages that show up on 1.1a4 source install
did not appear with 1.1a6.  This was a promising start.

First Outlook Startup - error message that SpamBayes could not be
initialized.  The first time welcome screen never showed up, nor did the
toolbar.  The add-in itself wasn't loaded.

I tried running PyWin Trace Collector while starting Outlook - nothing
showed up, just like 1.1a4.

Uninstalling it went cleanly, and it didn't show the error messages that
would show up when removing 1.1a4 source addin.

To note, I'm running the following:

Win 7 x64 Ultimate
Outlook 2007
Python 2.6.4 (32 bit)
PyWin32 Build 214 (32 bit)

	For what it's worth, my Temp directory is not on C drive, nor is
Outlook, Python, or SpamBayes.  And my paths sometimes contain spaces.  Just
in case that has any bearing on anything.

	Any ideas as to what might be going on, given this new round of
testing?