[Spambayes] Spambayes Outlook buttons not functionin any more

MLL webmll at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 12:35:42 CET 2009

Hello there,

Spambayes' Outlook plugin (version 1.1a3) has been working faithfully
for years now (and still does on my desktop), but recently on my laptop,
without any warning, the buttons "mark as spam" and "mark as ham"
stopped working.

Please note that Spambays is still activated and keeps sorting out
incoming spam, but I just c'ant sort my "possible spam" folder with
these buttons any more, neither can I use the button for palse negatives.

Please not also that it seems that it seems that the first click after
Outlook gets started seems to work.

Heres the bit of the log file when I click on such a button :

[begin log]
Moving and spam training message '57 formations courtes à découvrir' -
Training on message '57 formations courtes à découvrir' in 'Dossiers
personnels LA/Spam possible - pythoncom error: Python error invoking COM
method.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "win32com\server\policy.pyc", line 285, in _Invoke_
  File "win32com\server\policy.pyc", line 290, in _invoke_
  File "win32com\server\policy.pyc", line 593, in _invokeex_
  File "addin.pyc", line 727, in OnClick
  File "addin.pyc", line 166, in TrainAsSpam
  File "train.pyc", line 51, in train_message
  File "spambayes\classifier.pyc", line 279, in learn
  File "spambayes\classifier.pyc", line 390, in _add_msg
  File "spambayes\storage.pyc", line 307, in _wordinfoset
  File "shelve.pyc", line 130, in __setitem__
  File "bsddb\__init__.pyc", line 224, in __setitem__
bsddb.db.DBRunRecoveryError: (-30978, 'DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run
database recovery -- PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery')
[end log]

Oh, and reinstalling Spambayes didn't help.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

MLL

P.S.: one last question : when is 2 yo alpha version supposed to go beta
or live ? seems good to go, for me (except the present bug)