[Spambayes] Does SpamBayes work with Hotmail or G-mail?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Tue May 12 14:58:41 CEST 2009

I don't know if it works with Hotmail, though I suspect not.  Certainly not
unless Hotmail supports IMAP or POP3 protocols.

Gmail does support IMAP.  I tried SpamBayes with it about a year ago.
Unfortunately, there is no way to disable Gmail's spam filters.  It seemed
to me that SpamBayes and the Gmail spam filter were fighting one another.
In any case, it didn't work well as far as I could tell.

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.smontanaro.net/
    America's vaunted "free press" notwithstanding, story ideas that expose