[Spambayes] Doc not very helpful...

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Tue Mar 17 13:55:03 CET 2009

James,

It's not the mailservers whose ports need to be unique.  Rather, it is
the port which Spambayes uses to
receive mail from a server which must be unique.  If you have 3
accounts, you could use 8110, 8111, and 8112
for Spambayes' ports.
If you look at the web configuration page (http://localhost:8880/config
in most cases), the 1st two boxes are for this
purpose and have good explanations accompanying them.

*_Example_*
Remote Servers: mail.server1.com,pop.server2.net,pop.server3.com
SpamBayes Ports: 8110,8111,8112

Then the incoming server port in the mail client would be configured as
email1 - localhost:8110
email2 - localhost:8111
email3 - localhost:8112

HTH,