[Spambayes] General comment re SpamBayes

Timberwolf Creek innkeeper at timberwolfcreek.com
Mon Jul 20 15:42:22 CEST 2009

Hello,

I've used SpamBayes V 1.0.4 with Outlook for several years now, and it works
flawlessly.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  However, since upgrading my
MS Office to 2007 (meaning I am using Outlook 2007) it drives me nuts that I
am constantly being notified, via the task bar, that I have "new messages".
I've tried to figure out how to get SpamBayes to just *delete* the stuff it
identifies as spam, as it's been 100% accurate for so long that many times I
just delete all the contents of the spam folder without bothering to check
each message.  But alas, you've chosen, for whatever reason, to disallow
such action.

So, I'm going to have to move on.  I'm just spending too much time reacting
to the 'new messages' notification.  I have a small B&B and it's absolutely
vital in my business to respond immediately to reservation requests.  Just
like answering the phone: if you don't do it promptly, potential guests just
move on to the next place.  So that little icon is important to me.  No
point in filtering out all the spam if I have to stop what I'm doing every
few minutes to go check and see, "Is it real mail?  Is it spam?"  Sort of
defeats the whole purpose, doesn't it.....

I'll sure miss your program.  It is elegant and functions head-and-shoulders
beyond anything else I've tried.

Bye, guys.

Sandee Wright

p.s. And should you decide to add the 'delete' feature, please please let me
know!

 <http://www.timberwolfcreek.com/> Click here for Timberwolf Creek, Maggie
Valley NCLarry & Sandee Wright, "Inngineers"
Timberwolf Creek Bed & Breakfast
and Luxury Vacation Cabins
Maggie Valley, North Carolina

 <http://www.timberwolfcreek.com/> http://www.TimberwolfCreek.com
 <http://www.maggievalleycottage.com/> http://www.MaggieValleyCottage.com
 <http://www.maggievalleyweddings.com/> http://www.MaggieValleyWeddings.com

"Sleep to the soothing sounds of the tumbling stream... "