[Spambayes] REG: SPAM BAYES FILTERING MAILS USING COMMAND LINE

kranthi reddy kranthili2020 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 19:27:03 CEST 2008

Hi all,

         I am  new to spambayes. I have some trouble in understanding the
system. can some one please help me out.

   I have trained the spambayes using few mails and and have gone through
the code as to which function is calling which function and so on...What i
found is that it calculates the wordinfoset(x,y).

 This training i have done using sb_filter.py

Now when i use it for testing with the "-f" option. I get the mail as the
result but no output is being given as to whether it is a spam mail or a ham
mail.

While i try to print the values from "probability" function present in
classifier.py i get something like the below.This i think is the spam
probability for a few clues.

WordInfo(8, 0) 0.973372781065
WordInfo(2, 0) 0.908163265306
WordInfo(10, 0) 0.978468899522
WordInfo(6, 0) 0.96511627907
WordInfo(4, 0) 0.949438202247

Now from where do we get to know if the mail is spam or ham ???

Thanking you in advance
kranthi reddy.B