[Spambayes] Messages being bypassed by SpamBayes Filtering

Scott Mitchell mitchell at 4guysfromrolla.com
Thu May 22 23:12:14 CEST 2008

I am using SpamBayes Outlook plugin version 1.0.4. My OS is Windows Server
2008 x64. I am using Outlook 2007 SP1.

I am not getting any crashes, but here's what happens. If I let Outlook run
for a while, a number of emails arrive in my Inbox and get scored by
SpamBayes. Some stay, some move to the Junk Suspects or Junk Email folders.
Great.

However, if I then switch folders and come BACK to the Inbox, all of the
sudden there are several email messages that appear with no spam score (some
ham, some spam). I don't know how they got there.

Another example of the same problem: I get several hundred emails a day
(mostly spam). If I leave Outlook running overnight, the next day the Inbox
has all emails with spam scores. If I go to another folder, then back to
Inbox, BLAM, there are now like 50-100 emails without spam scores showing
up.

It appears that SpamBayes is somehow now filtering all incoming email.

Any ideas?

TIA

--

   Scott Mitchell