[Spambayes] Filtering Junk Mail vs Out of Office Assistant

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at amedee.be
Fri Jan 4 09:12:46 CET 2008

On Thu, January 3, 2008 16:28, Jane Damm wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I was wondering if SpamBayes filters out Junk Mail before my "out of the
> office" message is sent? If my auto reply message goes out to every
> incoming email then that may explain why some junk mail gets into my
> inbox for a few days after I've been away. Just wanted to pass this info
> along.

Do you use Exchange?
Because I see this in your mail headers:

"Out of the office" messages are sent by the Exchange server. Even when
Outlook is not running.
You probably use SpamBayes as a client-side filter, as an Outlook plugin.
If this is the case, then SpamBayes can't do anything about it.
Three possible solutions:
* don't send OotO messages
* have a better server-side antispam
* live with it (sorry, but it's true)