[Spambayes] Possible to not deliver messages marked as spam?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sun Aug 3 05:29:28 CEST 2008

    Mason> Im trying to create a solution for checking email on my Iphone.
    Mason> I have the pop3 proxy setup and working great, and this would be
    Mason> a perfect solution if spambayes had an option to not deliver
    Mason> messages marked as spam.  Possibly hold them in a database so you
    Mason> can later log in to review messages and mark as ham if needed? Is
    Mason> something like this possible?

I don't think the POP3 protocol can work that way.  You ask for a message
and you either get it or you get an error telling you that message doesn't
exist.  That would be an abuse of the protocol to return an error for
messages which scored as spam.  It's not at all obvious that any mail client
could go back and get such "nonexistent" messages.

Is IMAP not an option for you?  I use it from my iPod Touch to access my
Gmail account.  That should support what you want to do.

Skip