[Spambayes] Spam Clues ????? ??????

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Thu Apr 17 11:48:21 CEST 2008

    David> Hi Skip, tghanks for all your help. Looks like damned if you do
    David> and damned if you don't. If I take of AVG, I'm left without
    David> anti-virus and if I leave it on, it's going to interfere with the
    David> "points rating". No easy solution, so I'll just have to do what
    David> you say and keep marking the rubbish as such!!

No, the easy solution is to continue training unsures and mistakes (only!)
until the AVG tokens no longer matter.  SpamBayes will choose other tokens
which indicate he nature of the email.  In this particular case, if those 10
clues are ignored my guess is all the skip:* clues will dominate and it will
be regarded as spam.

If you (or anyone else) are at all interested in understanding a bit about
how SpamBayes work you might want to read the background reading page:

    http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/background.html

and the stuff it links to.  It's really quite elegant at the core.

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.webfast.com/~skip/