[Spambayes] FW: question

Jesse Pelton jsp at PKC.com
Wed Oct 3 14:50:54 CEST 2007

There's some useful information in this previously private exchange, so
I'm forwarding to the list (with Bob's permission) so it will be
archived.

________________________________

From: Coe, Bob [mailto:rcoe at CambridgeMA.GOV]
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 12:19 PM
To: Jesse Pelton
Subject: RE: [Spambayes] question

I think you're probably right. AFAIK, any spam filtering done at the
Exchange level wouldn't be overridable by a user. The caveat to that is
that we're still running an ancient version of Exchange pending our
upgrade to 2007 later in the fall. But I'll be surprised if the new
version changes that behavior much.

BTW, turning off Outlook's filtering is a very good idea, IMO. My
experience was that it generated a lot of false positives. I finally
turned it off and rely exclusively on Spambayes to mop up what our
Barracuda doesn't catch.