[Spambayes] email troubles and spam filters

Jesse Pelton jsp at PKC.com
Tue May 22 13:43:23 CEST 2007

It sounds like you may not have trained SpamBayes when you set up
filtering. If you haven't given it some examples of spam and ham
messages, it will classify everything as uncertain spam.

Take a look in the folder you designated for uncertain spam. If my guess
is correct, you'll find all of your messages in there. Select each one
and click the "Delete as Spam" or "Recover from Spam" button as
appropriate. (I may have the button text wrong; I use a different
version.) As you train SpamBayes over time, its accuracy will increase.
You should get good results within a day or two.

________________________________

From: spambayes-bounces+jsp=pkc.com at python.org
[mailto:spambayes-bounces+jsp=pkc.com at python.org] On Behalf Of Laura B.
Hammond
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2007 8:43 PM
To: spambayes at python.org
Subject: [Spambayes] email troubles and spam filters

I am very frustrated about the email system and spam ... I set up spam
filtering last night and the very first time I downloaded my email after
that...about 20 emails landed in my inbox and ALL of them disappeared
within a few seconds... long enough for me to know they downloaded...
and ALL the emails were gone.  I can't find them in any folders in my
email folders.  All of them were regular emails that I needed to read
and responded to... there may have been one or two spam emails. I had
read the emails online on a remote site earlier in the day...

*	the version of Windows you are using = 2003
*	the version of SpamBayes = 1.0.4 March 2005
*	any log files. ?????

How do I retrieve these emails? How do I turn off the malfunctioning
spam filter?

L.Hammond

lbhammond at scs-inter.net

laura at scs-inter.net